Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 21

Hey Everyone!

This week was set to be just another normal week here in Julio de Mesquita until I was asked to baptize a boy, Gabriel, in our ward whos family is coming back to church! Even though he's only 8 and it wasn't counted as a baptism for the mission, my joy was just as great as any of my other baptisms. He was so excited and after the baptism he  exclaimed that he felt so clean and like his life was going to be so much better. It was an awesome experience and I'm glad that I had to opportunity to be a part of it.

My portuguese has gotten pretty good, so much so that when Elder Sepulveda was in  the bathroom at church and I opened the door to say something to him, he thought it was a member and asked me later, "Did you see who was talking to me while I was in the bathroom?" Now I just have to learn to conjugate all the verbs correctly.

Our electricity came back on later that night, so that was good, but we are still without beds and desks.

Also, because of the change in mission offices, any packages that have not already arrived that have the old address will be sent back to the sender or lost in the limbo of the mail system. It's unfortunate that we were not notified until last week and that no arrangements were made to receive the packages, seeing as the building  will still belong to the church, but yeah, that's the scoop if any packages or letters are sent back or never get here.

The work here was pretty slow, but its picking up and we're concentrating on finding new investigators and helping the people that we are teaching realize the importance of the things that we are teaching them: Families can be together forever through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it to be true!

Love, Elder Carr



No comments:

Post a Comment