Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 23

Hey everyone!
This week I was transferred to... Julio de Mesquita 1! (I was in 2 this last transfer) That means that I'm still living in the same house and going to the same ward but now I have a new area, new investigators, and a new companion! Elder Baldera is from Lima, Peru and this is his first area! That also means that we are openning the area here and so, for the third time in my mission I'm coming into an area with nothing, just some old teaching records, so there's been a lot of work to do. Elder Baldera understands basically everything that's said, but he has a thick accent and sometimes slips into speaking spanish, so its been a little difficult to communicate.
Elder Sepulveda stayed in Julio 2 and is now companions with Elder Youd, whos from Missouri and was at BYU the same time as me, but lived in Heritage, so I didnt know him (even with all the time that I spent over there haha).
This week was a tough one because it was basically spent knocking doors and trying to find people to teach. In 4 days we knocked a total of 100 doors. We have the most sucess with getting in the door and teaching lessons in the CDHU, government funded appartment buildings, but we have had a hard time teaching people a second time. While there are much better ways to find investigators, we are still working to organize the Area Book and get to know the members in our area. We've got a lot of work in front of us!
Oh, and today marks 7 months on the mission!
Love,
Elder Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment